Tuesday, August 31, 2010

About My Best Friend

I am the luckiest person in the world! No I didn’t win the lotto, but I did win when I Jesse James entered my life. I wouldn’t trade him for a hundred winning lotto tickets or anything else; he’s priceless! He’s also my best friend!

The first time I met Jesse was when I went in to apply for dog grooming school. Upon entering the admin office, one of the first things I saw a playpen, with three five-week-old Shih Tzu puppies playing inside. I walked up to get a better look at the puppies, and this adorable little boy ran up to greet me. We looked into each other’s eyes and it was love at first sight! There was just something about Jesse; I knew we were meant to be together. I told his breeder I wanted that puppy, but they wanted to show him. I was heartbroken, because from the moment I saw him, I felt like he was my dog! I can’t begin explain the connection I felt, but I was so drawn to Jesse. On my lunch breaks, I’d try to run over to the admin office to visit with him. When Jesse got old enough to come to the school for grooming, something a Shih Tzu needs often, I would volunteer to do him. I just wanted to spend time with him.


Then, one happy day, I overheard a conversation that totally changed my life. His breeder was discussing Jesse’s bite, which was too far off for him to finish showing well. She said she was going to sell him as a pet. My heart skipped a beat or two, and I had to catch my breath, before I could say, “I want him!” That was one of the happiest days of my life! Jesse and I have been almost inseparable ever since.

Jesse James is the perfect dog, at least to me! Jesse is very easy-going and friendly. Sometimes he’s too friendly… To Jesse any open door is an invitation to walk right on in; I’ve met many of my neighbors that way, LOL. Jesse loves people, dogs, cats, rabbits, birds, and the list goes on and on. He is so full of joy and love he attracts others to him. The fact that’s he’s too cute for words helps too.

I could go on and on forever about how much I love my Jesse James. Instead I’ll close by saying…

Jesse is the definition of unconditional love. He makes me laugh everyday, and I cherish every minute I spend with him! He brings me, and many others, immense joy and great comfort. Jesse shows me how to relax and enjoy the moment. And he teaches me how to love just being alive!

Jesse has given me so much more than I could ever repay with all the best food, treats, healthcare, toys, or whatever he needs and wants, in the world. But I try… after all; he’s my best friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment